Sunday, May 4, 2008

House Hunting Success


We have found our house in Houston!! Kristi and I spent the week in Houston (thank you Angie for watching the kids) looking for a house. Along the way I dragged Kristi down to the office where I will be working to meet my new boss and talk a little about our future with the new project I will be on. We wanted to make sure we understood the timing for this move. Well, the visit went well until he remembered that he had to be at a team meeting. Instead of having us leave at that point, he invited both of us up to the meeting. For me, no big deal. These are the people I will be working with in a couple of weeks. For Kristi, it was pretty embarrasing. We walked into the conference room which was full of people neither of us had met talking about ergonomics and schedules. Kristi felt like every eye in the room was on her wondering why she was there. Then, when the meeting was over my new boss stood and introduced both of us and welcomed us to the team. I thought it was pretty neat, but again, these are the people I will be working with. Suffice it to say I don't think Kristi will be accepting any invitations to the office in the near future.

Well, that very afternoon we found our dream home!! After looking for two days we walked in to this brand new home and just felt like home. As we walked around it became more and more clear that this was where we wanted to live. We left and looked at a couple of other houses, then went back to spend more time there. After going back to the hotel and praying about it we called the agent and made an offer on the home. It was very exciting and we are really looking forward to making this home ours. This will be the first time we have moved into a new home and we are very excited. I will post several pictures for your viewing enjoyment.



Entry Stairs:
Bottom and Top















Family Room with Built In Entertainment Center












Kitchen from Family Room
Entry
The best part about the home is that it is in a community where there are several ammenities close by. There is a lake within easy walking distance where we can fish or boat. There are a couple of playground areas for the kids. And as you can see in the pictures there is a rec center about a minute away with pools, water slides, water play equipment, boat rentals, and another lake. The area is growing like crazy and within a year there will be a lot more houses around us. But this summer we are looking forward to not having too many kids at the pool every day (we hope).

Anyway, we will try to do a better job keeping this blog updated than I did on our last blog.

5 comments:

Karebear said...

Beautiful House! I am glad you guys were able to find something. Isn't it wonderful! Good luck with everything this next month. Hopefully your house in Belle Chasse will sell!

Bobbi said...

Congratulations, Curtis and Kristi, about all I can say about your new house is, WOW! We are happy for you. Can't wait until July.

Shannon said...

um, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a beautiful house and you all deserve it!

Lep N Deb said...

Gorgeous house!! Can't wait to see it furnished and decorated...bring fotos to the reunion.

Hardwicks said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! I didn't know it was that beautiful and big!! Thats awesome guys!! I guess i will just have to come visit and check this house out!! Man its beautiful!! lol Well it was great to see you all thanks for the fun memories!! You guys are awesome!!